EFInA – Enhancing Financial Innovation & Access
EFInA is is a non-profit company funded by DFID (Department for International Development) & Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with the aim to reduce poverty across Nigeria through financial sector development.
EFInA acts as a catalyst for change, working with partners from fintech start-ups to banks and government agencies, to build financial markets, systems and products that are robust, efficient and, above all, inclusive. We use funding, research and technical expertise to address key market failures and support our partners to improve access to financial services and to drive economic growth.
Through this catalytic innovation fund, cutting-edge research, advocating for enabling inclusive policies and building capacity, EFInA has built a reputation as an “honest broker” amongst both the private and public financial service sectors.
As a rapidly growing organisation in the Financial Industry, we are always seeking to recruit new dynamic, strategic, and committed staff to build on the current achievements and accelerate the impact of financial inclusion in Nigeria.
Employment with EFInA offers an exceptional learning and challenging opportunity for the right candidate.
Facilities Officer Role
We are looking for an innovative and goal-driven individual to join our Operations team. This individual will work closely and report to the Chief Operations Officer.
Everything we do, every day in more ways than one, helps to make a unique contribution to people’s lives and the economy at large through financial inclusion.
Successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the organization’s premises, fleet, technical equipment and facilities.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Continuously assess the conditions of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing, generator, inverter, hereby known as EFInA’s equipment, and other essential facilities and equipment
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
- Evaluate the work quality of artisans and subordinates to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take corrective action.
- Supervise scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, or repairing of EFInA’s equipment, to detect and prevent problems and identify the service providers that will maintain the equipment effectively
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with all maintenance service providers and manage relationship with service providers to ensure service level expectations are met
- Maintain and regularly update a database of all suppliers, service providers and verify their capacity to render adequate services
- Maintain equipment logs that record performance problems, repairs, calibrations, or tests of EFInA’s equipment and ensure accurate records of the condition of EFInA’s equipment and other systems in the building, is kept
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations
- Develop back-up or alternative systems for common problems associated with the facilities managed
- Ensure safety regulation compliance and ensure regular drills such as fire drills are done periodically
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards
- Educate the staff on the proper use and care of equipment and other facilities
Pool Car & Driver Management
- Oversee the work of EFInA’s drivers to ensure the smooth running of operations by the drivers schedule that is provided and the drivers adhere to EFInA’s safety policy
- Ensure adequate training for drivers so that skills and development are up to date and drivers understand and abide by road and /or traffic regulations
- Ensure pool cars are fit for purpose and are serviced when required and all major repairs are done timely
- Conduct monthly and annual performance reviews for drivers
Job Competencies and Capabilities
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Estate Management, Facilities Management or a related discipline
- 3 to 5 years minimum job related experience in a structured organisation
- Demonstrated collaboration with business and technical stakeholders to identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Experience in communicating technical artifacts such as structural diagrams, sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams etc.
- Effective track record of operational efficiency to effectively deliver tangible and Intangible results
- Good grasp of and experience in general property/ asset management, & fleet management is essential
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide alternative solution
- Ability to effectively manage assets & equipment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- Service oriented
- Ability to effectively monitor equipment
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Energetic, proactive approach to work
- High levels of initiative
- Enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources within deadlines
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure
Apply for Facilities Officer
Follow our journey on promoting financial inclusion in Nigeria.