EFInA – Enhancing Financial Innovation & Access
EFInA is is a non-profit company funded by DFID (Department for International Development) & Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with the aim to reduce poverty across Nigeria through financial sector development.
EFInA acts as a catalyst for change, working with partners from fintech start-ups to banks and government agencies, to build financial markets, systems and products that are robust, efficient and, above all, inclusive. We use funding, research and technical expertise to address key market failures and support our partners to improve access to financial services and to drive economic growth.
Through this catalytic innovation fund, cutting-edge research, advocating for enabling inclusive policies and building capacity, EFInA has built a reputation as an “honest broker” amongst both the private and public financial service sectors.
As a rapidly growing organisation in the Financial Industry, we are always seeking to recruit new dynamic, strategic, and committed staff to build on the current achievements and accelerate the impact of financial inclusion in Nigeria.
Employment with EFInA offers an exceptional learning and challenging opportunity for the right candidate.
The Associate will support Departmental Leads towards the achievement of EFInA’s strategy by conducting analysis, providing strategic planning support, and supporting delivery of programme activities.
The Associate will conduct insightful and compelling analysis to provide Departmental Leads with relevant information that can be used to promote financial inclusion in Nigeria. He/she will also support implementation of financial inclusion strategies through day-to-day project management of EFInA’s activities. The Associate will have foundational business skills, a strong analytical mind and the desire and ability to quickly learn about EFInA’s strategic areas.
EFInA is seeking an Associate to support the Advocacy team.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Conduct in-depth analysis to support the Policy Lead in developing specific strategies for EFInA’s strategic areas and cross cutting themes
- Keep abreast of relevant developments related to EFInA’s strategic areas and cross cutting themes, including policy/regulatory changes
- Provide the Policy Lead with relevant information related to financial inclusion in Nigeria as well as globally
- Contribute to the writing of relevant reports to assist the Policy Lead in the development of their focus areas
Project Management and Execution
- Support the Policy Lead in delivering approved strategies
- Conduct project management for the Policy Team, which includes conducting detailed work plans, tracking progress against agreed plans, managing vendors as needed, identifying and recommending solutions to issues, and reporting on project status
- Actively support the planning and management of EFInA’s events (workshops, innovation fora and breakfast series)
- Help the Policy Lead identify relevant stakeholders whom EFInA can engage to promote financial inclusion
- Support the Policy Lead in managing working groups or other relevant industry bodies, including convening stakeholders, providing logistical support, writing minutes and circulating information to working group members
Job Competencies and Capabilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, International Development, Public Policy or related field, from a reputable institution
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Development Economics, Social Sciences, or related field, from a reputable institution
- Minimum two years (post NYSC) work experience
- Experience conducting desk research, handling a variety of information sources and producing relevant reports
- Proven ability to analyse large amount of data
- Project management experience
- Prior experience in financial inclusion and/or the Nigerian financial sector
- Knowledge of socio-economic trends in Nigeria
- Advanced level competency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate and synthesise information
- Ability to collate and interpret large amounts of data
- Proven ability to produce concise, well-structured, and high quality reports and presentations
- Strong project management, time management and planning skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly numerate
- Passionate about social issues
- Energetic, proactive approach to work
- High levels of initiative
- Enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problem
- Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources within deadline
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure
Apply for Associate
Follow our journey on promoting financial inclusion in Nigeria.